As an Eco School, we have 2 key aims:
– Educate the children about the impact of our actions on the environment so that they can make positive decisions now and in the future
– Empower them to know that they can make a difference and become change makers for an environmentally sustainable world through influencing the actions of others as well as what they do themselves
We are a registered member of Eco Schools which is a global network of thousands of like-minded schools. Last year, we achieved the Bronze Award as recognition of our actions as a school.
Our Eco Committee
Our activities are shaped by our Eco Schools Committee. This is a group of children drawn from each year group at Burton Green who come together to discuss eco issues and how our school can play a part.
We decided that our focus topics for this year are:
Find out more by taking a look at our Action Plan and the minutes of our last meeting.
– Taking part in Switch Off Fortnight to raise awareness about wasting energy
– A class competition to make something using recycled materials
– Implementing changes within our school to reduce food waste and encourage composting.